Yep, 30 weeks down, 10 more to go. Or 8-ish, if I am lucky.
So, far things seem to be going well with the baby. I ended up not doing the amnio because the non-invasive tests we did looked very good. That and I am a chicken – I was afraid of the possible complications the amnio itself could bring. Hopefully everything is still honky-dory in there.
As far as we know the baby is still a boy and we are still calling him Chutney because we haven’t finalized the name, though Max is looking like a very strong candidate right now.
I was hoping for a smaller, calmer baby this time around but judging by his antics in utero, this baby is going to be just as intense as his sister. The doctor says he’s measuring larger than the average for this stage of the pregnancy. Second babies tend to be larger anyway and and so do boys compared to girls, so my wish may not come true, unless Chutney takes pity on his poor mom and decides to come a couple of weeks early. The chances of that happening are not very high but a girl can dream, right?
His sister did attempt so come out early (at 34 weeks) but the doctors managed to convince her to wait and she made her final appearance exactly on her due date. She weighed 8 lb 9 oz (or 3,9 kg) and it was no picnic to get her out. The thought of this baby being larger is making me very nervous but I guess the most important thing is that he’s healthy.
So, I am thinking healthy thoughts…