Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Buzz

Have you guys heard of Buzz Bakery? Well, until recently, neither had I. A couple of our Hindi classmates brought breakfast goodies and cupcakes from Buzz and yeah, they are all pretty darn good. That’s why I’m bothering telling you so. They may just be better than Georgetown Cupcake and we know how I feel about them. And yes, I did just say that. If you don’t believe me, go try Buzz and let me know your thoughts.

Anyway, I was considering making Buzz my dirty little secret but we wouldn’t want me to be the only obscenely happy and fat person now would we, so had to share the joy.

Like Georgetown Cupcake, Buzz cupcakes are not cheap but they are sinfully delicious. Their frosting is smooth and rich and the cake moist and tasty. In the picture below you see (from top left) Chocolate Vanilla, Chocolate Mocha, Red Velvet, Gingerbread, Cookie and White Vanilla. Yum, yum, yum!

IMG_1562

But Buzz is more than just cupcakes. They have coffee, scones, muffins, croissants, waffles, sandwiches, cakes and other baked goodies. They have two locations – the original one in Alexandria and a new one in Ballston – walking distance from the metro and conveniently, just a hop, skip and jump from FSI.

So, if you happen to be in the DC/Northern Virginia area and in desperate need of a little pick-me-up, Buzz might just be the place for you.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. We used to live right by them when we were in Ballston, and they are delicious! I love their red velvet cupcakes. For J's 6th birthday we got a bunch of their Katy Perry cupcakes (cherry flavored cupcakes with pink frosting and a glitter-covered cherry on top). I love that they are so close, too!

    ReplyDelete

 
Locations of visitors to this page