Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Ode to the Metro (sort of) Plus the Metro Song

I love the Washington, D.C. Metro. It’s one of the best public transportation systems I’ve ever used. I truly missed it during our 8-year sojourn in the Tampa Bay area, where they could really use something like the Metro.

I have to say that the Metro has changed since the last time we lived here though. It’s not as clean as it used to be, the AC doesn’t seem to work as well as it used to, it’s gotten more expensive, it’s a lot more crowded (especially the orange line). I know these issues are related to the budget difficulties the Metro is facing and the fact that more people are using it, which I guess is a good thing

Anyway, I recently saw this song by GoRemy and it reminded me of my good old days riding the Metro. I know a lot of you out there use the Metro at least occasionally, so I thought I’d share it. I especially like the “It must be driven by a pirate because the board says ARR” part. If you like this song, you may like some of Remy’s other stuff – he has one about Arlington, several about Middle Eastern Food (hummus, tabbouleh, falafel) and many more. You can see them on YouTube or on his website GoRemy.com. He kinda reminds me of Borat, though perhaps not as funny or outrageous.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. It's pretty good, although I'm partial to his Arlington rap. =)

    Interesting that the Metro used to be cleaner and less crowded. Compared to what I'm used to in NYC, it feels luxurious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was good! I used to RUN down the Rosslyn escalator in HEELS! (oh to be young again...)

    ReplyDelete

 
Locations of visitors to this page