Sunday, May 1, 2011

Possibly the best pizza I’ve ever had…

I am behind with blogging. There are several things that I have been meaning to blog about but haven’t quite gotten around to it. This is one of them. So, here we go.

We had been thinking about trying We, the Pizza for quite a while. It’s a pizza place run and owned by Spike Mendelson, a celebrity chef, who was on Top Chef. He also runs Good Stuff Eatery, which I reviewed not too long ago. You can find my review here.

We finally went to We, the Pizza a couple of weeks ago and it was better than we expected. We tried several different types of pizza – peperoni, sausage and peppers, Greek (Feta cheese, onions, olives and peppers) and they were all good. I have historically been a pan crust type person but I actually rather liked their thin crust. Who am I kidding – I couldn’t get enough of it, it was that good. The crust, I mean. The toppings were fresh and yum too but the thin crust, oh the thin crust... It was to die for! I’d love to get my hands on the recipe.

They also sell home made sodas, which we tried. We had the I’ve Gotta Orange Crush on You and Very, Very, Sour-ry Cherry and they were both pretty awesome!

But the icing on the cake was that we happened to be there at the same time as the Michelle O. and a bunch of her friends. How cool is that?!!! Apparently, she’s also a fan of We, the Pizza and eats there quite often. The place was pretty crowded because of that and there were a bunch of special agents all over the place ensuring the First Lady’s safety. They searched us as we were entering the place but were very nice otherwise. We asked them what the search was all about and they just said that someone special was eating at the place. We weren’t sure who it was and tried not to stare but I definitely saw the First Lady and a bunch of people at a table on the second floor. Later on in the evening Paul told me that Sasha and Malia were also there according to Twitter but we didn’t see them.

So, yeah, We, the Pizza is really good. It’s definitely worth making a special trip to Capitol Hill for it. So, go try it and let me know what you think.

Just remember, they too are closed on Sunday.

2011-04-11

1 comment:

  1. Too funny, I think we had several sets of friends there that night! Wow!

    ReplyDelete

 
Locations of visitors to this page