Sunday, July 15, 2012

Big Girl Haircut

Today, I did something that I probably should have done a while ago but didn’t have the heart to. I took Her Cuteness to a hair salon and got her hair chopped off. So she went from this

IMG_2882

to this

IMG_3092

She’s never had short hair. I cut her hair once when she was about 6 months old and have trimmed it occasionally since but it has never never been this short, so this was a biggie for us. I’ve casually been talking about cutting it because I knew it would make both of our lives easier but neither of us was ready to do it. We both loved her beautiful, thick, wavy hair but ultimately we both got tired of the constant detangling and the daily bickering over the morning hair ritual.

She loves her new do, and so do I. They blow-dried it in the salon, which is not something I am about to do on a daily basis, so it won’t look like that every day but still much more manageable. I figure, it’s hair, it will grow back but by the time it does, she’ll be able to take care of it herself.

6 comments:

  1. The new-do looks great on her!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I remember the first time I cut my long hair (at about age 10) - I have never gone back to having it that long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, I love it! I just took the girls for haircuts (the boy refused on the grounds that long hair on a boy is very "rock 'n roll), and they both chose the bob look. I think it looks fabulous on her :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE THIS LOOK!!!! She has a face that could pull any hairdo off, but I really think this becomes her! I bet it's easier to take care of, especially in the heat over there. Tell her Sayge and Janel vote a big two thumbs up! ;-)

    Say, I don't know if you would be interested in this, but I thought of you when I saw it.
    http://ijnet.org/opportunities/journalism-fellowship-women-open-india

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's gorgeous! It's an adorable cut on her. I can sympathize with you about not having the heart. I feel the same way!

    ReplyDelete

 
Locations of visitors to this page