Thursday, August 2, 2012

Offer Accepted

Just a quick note to let you all know that after thinking about it and mulling it over for a few days with my husband, I have accepted the offer to join the Foreign Service. We are aware that separation is possible but we felt we’d be foolish not to take the offer and try to make the best of it.

So, now I have about a month to tie loose ends here and fill out a bajillion forms before Chutney and I meet my Mom back in the US for A-100. I do not look forward to leaving without my husband and Her Cuteness but here’s hoping that on Flag Day I get to waive the Indian flag, in which case, I’d be gone for about 6 weeks. That’s the best case scenario.

Of course that’s not the only scenario but why worry about the others now? I’ll cross that bridge when I get to it, right?

7 comments:

  1. Totally think you guys are doing the right thing. It will probably be tough and I can't imagine those 6 weeks waiting to find out for sure that you get to come back to Delhi but I'm excited for you nonetheless! We'll see you in a few weeks before you head back here and be sure to let us know if there is any way we can help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will see you at FSI. Congrats again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is very exciting! So many adventures await!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Congratulations! We're going to be classmates, btw, and I'm excited to meet you in person since I've followed your blog for awhile. Fingers crossed that you get a post that works for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! Hoping it works out for the best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Congratulations!!! Can't wait to follow this new twist in your adventure! Good luck and stay strong during this upcoming separation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Somehow I missed this announcement. Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Locations of visitors to this page